Garlic Cheese Roll
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
"This is one of my favorite appetizers! Everyone loves it!"
- 1 1/2pounds sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2pound processed cheese (like Velveeta)
- 3ounces cream cheese
- 1/2cup finely chopped pecans
- 1teaspoon seasoning salt
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Chili powder
- Grate Cheddar and processed cheese into a bowl. Mix in cream cheese. Add pecans, seasoning salt and garlic powder. When well blended, divide into four mounds. Roll each into a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter and 3 inches long. Roll each cylinder in chili powder. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Slice 1/4-inch thick and serve with crackers.
– Doris Sturges, Mount Pleasant, Texas