Garlic Au Gratin Potatoes
- Yield 10 servings
"Scalloped potatoes of any kind is a favorite dish of our family. I am always trying a variety of cheese and ingredient combinations."
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Peel and wash potatoes, cut into slices and drain. Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven or pot. Add cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and 3 cups of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pour mixture into baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and remaining cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle over top of potatoes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Recipe by Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, W.V.