Garlic and Herb-Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Yield 6 servings
Chicken thighs are marinated in a garlic and herb sauce then grilled to perfection!
- 1 package Weber® Just Add Juice Garlic & Herb
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 2 large lemons
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 -- chicken thighs, about 2 1/4 pounds
- 2 -- lemons, cut in circular slices
- -- Olive oil
- -- Kosher salt
- -- Fresh thyme or basil for garnish
- In a large, nonreactive bowl or glass 13 x 9-inch casserole dish, mix Weber® JustAddJuice Garlic & Herb Marinade Mix, lemon juice and white wine. Add chicken thighs, cover and marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Note:
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and blot dry. Carefully lift skin from the top of the thigh and place 1 to 2 lemon slices under skin, depending on size. Smooth skin down. Brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place chicken, bone-side down, in center of cooking grate. You do not need to turn the chicken pieces. Grill- roast until breast meat near bone registers 180F, about 45 minutes depending on the size of the thighs. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cook until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove from grill using tongs and a spatula, if needed, to preserve the skin on the top of the thighs.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme or basil.
Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel