Garlic and Herb Beef Tenderloin
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
A pesto-like fresh herb rub for beef brings a burst of flavor to the holiday table.
If you can't find fresh marjoram and oregano, substitute fresh parsley and add a pinch each of dried marjoram and oregano.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through pepper) in the bowl of a food processor or blender. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in oil and process until herbs and garlic are very finely chopped. Rub herb mixture over beef and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Transfer beef to baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake about 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 135F for medium-rare. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe by Marge Perry and David Bonom