Garden Tomato Tart
- Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 medium Garlic Head
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 package Refrigerated Pie dough
- 12 ounces Fresh mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons Fresh basil, chopped
- 4 medium Garden Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1 head of garlic, roasted
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 store-bought refrigerated pie dough
10-12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
4-6 garden tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven: 400 degrees
- Roasted Garlic: Cut off top of garlic head, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap in foil, bake 30 minutes. Once cooled, squeeze soft garlic out of the skins, set aside.
- Line a removable bottom tart pan with pie dough. Bake 5-10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and spread tart with roasted garlic. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons fresh basil. Cover with tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes. When crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, remove. Garnish with remaining basil.
- Slice in wedges and serve warm or room temperature.