- Yield 4 servings
Here's a veggie version of one of the best sandwiches ever created.
- 1 (10-inch) round sourdough bread, sliced in half horizontally and insides scooped out or large flat focaccia, sliced in half horizontally
- cup Olive Salad, divided (see recipe
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces low-fat provolone cheese
- Spread the bottom half of the bread with half the olive salad. Add a layer of the tomatoes, onions, artichokes and provolone. Spread the cut side of the top half of the bread with the remaining olive spread. Place the top on the sandwich. Press the bread down firmly and weight the top down with a heavy plate at least 20 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve.