- Yield 4 servings
Fresh summer vegetables add taste and texture to jarred marinara.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 to 10 medium mushrooms, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar marinara or any flavor tomato sauce
- 1 pound spinach fettucine or other pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 8 basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Heat olive oil in a large nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes or until softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes and marinara sauce; simmer 20 minutes. Serve over pasta. Garnish with chopped basil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.