- Yield 8 servings
Bacon, banana peppers, potatoes, and tomatoes are all cooked in fresh eggs.
"When my mother-in-law was a girl, it was hard to use up all the surplus garden veggies. She served this concoction with soda crackers and sat under a shade tree to eat. No bacon was added, but it was cooked in bacon grease. Since I don't keep this on hand as in the old days, I have to fry some bacon. It does add to the flavor."
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large potatoes (chopped and boiled)
- 1 to 2 banana peppers, chopped
- 4 tomatoes (diced) or 1 14-ounce can with its juice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet. Remove from skillet. When cool, break into pieces.
- Add potatoes to grease in skillet. Add peppers, tomatoes, and bacon pieces.
- Beat eggs and pour on top of potato mixture.
- Cook 15 minutes on medium heat until heated through and eggs are done. Salt and pepper to taste.
– Cathy Wilson, Midvale, Utah