Garden Baked Potatoes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2cup finely chopped onion
- 2tablespoons buttermilk or skim milk
- 1/2cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2cups yellow squash
- 1/2cup water
- 1/3cup chopped green onion stems (green parts)
- 1/4cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake 1 hour, or until soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Lower oven temperature to 350F. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, being careful not to rip potato shells. Set aside.
- In a small pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sauteed onion, potato pulp, buttermilk and cottage cheese, mixing well. Stuff each potato shell with the mixture.
- In a microwaveproof dish, microwave broccoli florets and squash in a small amount of water about 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender; drain. Top potatoes evenly with cooked vegetables, green onion stems and mozzarella cheese. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 156
- Fat 1.4g
- Saturated Fat .8g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 96mg