Garden Banh Mi
- Yield 6 servings
A Vietnamese sandwich made with tofu, jalapenos and pickled vegetables.
- 6 small submarine rolls, split in half horizontally
- 6 -- lettuce leaves, well washed
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package firm tofu, sliced thinly across the narrow side
- 12 sprigs cilantro
- 12 -- fresh basil leaves
- 2 -- jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- -- Steve's Vietnamese Pickled Vegetables
- -- Vegetarian Fish Sauce
- Lay the rolls out in front of you on the kitchen counter.
- Cover the cut side of the bottom half of each roll with a lettuce leaf. Divide the tofu among the 6 rolls forming an evenlayer on each. Divide the cilantro, basil, jalapenos, cucumbers and PickledVegetables among the sandwiches. Drizzle with Vegetarian Fish Sauce. Cap each sandwich with the top of the roll and serve.