Game Day Pork and Chile Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
Bring these Southwetern-style pork chops out for the game to share with friends and family. Have with Tex-Mex rice or have as part of a game day buffet.
- 12 ounces boneless center cut pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick, lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- -- Salt and black pepper
- 4 -- 8-inch tortillas, 98% fat free
- 1/4 -- avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, (about 2 ounces)
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and cook about 3-4 minutes per side until browned and internal temp. reaches 145 °F, Place chops on a plate and let rest 5 minutes. Cut chops into 1/4-inch slices.
- Microwave tortillas on high until slightly warm and softened, about 30 seconds. Place tortillas on workspace and top with pork, avocado, onion, chiles and salad greens stopping 2 inches short of one edge.
- Working one tortilla at a time, fold one side of tortilla up and over fillings. Tuck fillings in tightly, then fold in the 2-in. edge. Continue rolling tortilla toward the other side, securing with toothpick if necessary. Repeat with remaining tortillas and serve.