Chicken Poblano Casserole
- Yield: servings
- 8-- fresh poblano chiles
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1cup green salsa
- 1-- onion, halved and sliced into "moons"
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-- limes juiced
- 2cups of corn kernels
- 2ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
Boil peppers in a large pot on medium heat until they are soft. Drain and cool until able to handle. Remove skins and cut until they will lie flat – "like noodles"
Saute chicken and garlic with oil. Add onion and saute until chicken is cooked through and onion is soft. Add corn kernels and cheese. Mix gently.
Mix salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Spread half of this sauce in a 13×9 dish. Layer half of the poblano "noodles", spoon the chicken mixture over top. Top with remaining "noodles". Top this with remaining sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through, in last 10 minutes of cooking, top with jack cheese and wait until bubbly.