Fudgy Mint Brownies
- Yield 24 servings
- Cook 22 minutes
Andes mints, those after-dinner favorites, form a chocolatey glaze on top of these fudgy brownies.
Chocolate mints scattered over the brownies when they come out of the oven make an incredibly easy, chocolate glaze for these bars.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 Andes mints
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom and two sides with foil, letting edges extend over sides. Coat foil with spray.
- Place butter and unsweetened and semisweet chocolates in the top of a double boiler; cook over simmering water until melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and butter mixture with a mixer until blended. Turn to low speed, add flour and beat just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 22 minutes or until a tester comes out barely clean. Immediately place mints over top and let stand 1 minute or until mints melt; lightly swirl to spread mints. Cool, remove from pan with foil and cut into squares. Makes 16 brownies.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.