Fudgy Brownie Pie
- Yield 10 servings
This fudgy rich brownie dessert looks like it came from the bakery, but is simply made with brownie mix, instant pudding and whipped topping.
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant dark roast or espresso coffee, divided
- 1 -- (19.85-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 -- egg
- 2 -- egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 -- (4-serving) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 -- (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- -- Chocolate shavings for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small cup, stir together water and 1 teaspoon coffee until dissolved.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, coffee mixture, egg, egg whites, and vanilla, stirring until well mixed. Add pecans. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until set; don’t overbake for fudgy center. Cool.
- In large bowl, stir together milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee until coffee is dissolved. Whisk in pudding mix until thickened. Carefully fold in half of whipped topping.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly over the cooled brownie pie. Add almond extract to remaining whipped topping and spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Top with chocolate shavings, if desired.