Fudgy Brownie Pie
- Yield 10 servings
This fudgy rich brownie dessert looks like it came from the bakery, but is simply made with brownie mix, instant pudding and whipped topping.
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant dark roast or espresso coffee, divided
- 1 (19.85-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (4-serving) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Chocolate shavings for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine water and 1 teaspoon coffee until dissolved. Set aside.
- Stir together brownie mix, coffee mixture, egg, egg whites, and vanilla until well mixed. Add pecans. Spoon batter into pie plate and bake 25-28 minutes, until pie is set, but still has a fudgey center. Do not overbake.
- Combine milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee until coffee is dissolved. Stir in pudding mix until thick, then add half of the whipped topping.
- After pie is sufficiently cooled, spread pudding mix over the top. Add almond extract to remaining whipped topping, then spoon over pudding mixture. Refrigerate and garnish with chocolate shavings.