- Yield: 8 servings
If you prefer your fudge nut-free, eliminate the pecans. Or, if you like nuts, substitute your favorite in place of the pecans.
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1/3cup margarine
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4large eggs
- 2cups sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3cup chopped pecans
- Melt margarine and chocolate together and cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, salt and vanilla, blending well.
- Add chocolate mixture and pecans. Mix thoroughly and pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until top is crusty and filling is set, though soft.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tampa, Inc., The Gasparilla Cookbook, Favorite Florida West Coast Recipes, (The Junior Leage of Tampa, Inc., 1961)