Frying Pan Fudge
- Yield 3
Six ingredients combine to create a sweet chocolate treat.
I have been using this recipe for years. Many friends and aquaintances request it as a Christmas gift every year.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 (6-ounce) canned milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or other nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Chop nuts and set aside.
- Mix sugar, margarine, and milk together in a heavy frying pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook six more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and add chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Stir until fudge begins to form. Then quickly add vanilla flavoring.
- Drop fudge on wax paper with a teaspoon. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Mix soft margarine and sugar together before adding milk. Add more chopped nuts if you prefer.
—Susan F. Gilleland, Roseboro, NC