Fruity Tossed Green Salad with Strawberry Dressing
- Yield 12 servings
A super, fruity, low-calorie salad.
- Strawberry Dressing:
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin orange slices, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Strawberry Dressing (recipe follows)
- To prepare the dressing: Combine the strawberries, honey, thyme, pepper, vinegar, water, oil and soy sauce in a blender or food processor and puree until thoroughly blended. Pour the dressing into a covered container and refrigerate. Makes 2 cups.
- To prepare the salad: Combine the lettuces, orange slices, almonds, and onion in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing.