Fruity Multigrain Waffles
- Yield: 5 servings
- 1cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4cup ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups 1-percent milk
- 1/2cup cooked oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tablespoon honey, for batter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2cup chopped pinapple and banana, per serving
- 2tablespoons pistachios, per serving
- Whisk together whole wheat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk, oats, eggs, honey, oil, and vanilla into the oat mixture; mix until moistened.
- Preheat waffle iron, and lightly coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Put enough batter to cover three-fourths of the waffle iron surface (about 2/3 cup for an 8 x 8-inch waffle iron.)
- Close waffle iron. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until waffles are golden and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Top with chopped fruit and pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 479
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 446mg
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 22g