- 2cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 2cups couscous
- 1/2cup dried tart cherries or dried cranberries
- 2/3cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1cup chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 3tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Boil broth in a medium saucepan then stir in couscous. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes (covered) until fluffing with a fork. Let stand an additional 10 minutes (uncovered).
- Toss couscous with dried fruit, carrots, cucumber, green onions and pine nuts.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil and mustard in a small bowl. Pour of salad and toss, then refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Too Hot in the Kitchen (Holly Clegg, 2010). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 144
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 141mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g