FRUITED CABBAGE AND PASTA-WALNUT SALAD
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 6 ounces linguine pasta
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 4 small oranges, peel and membrane removed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 small Asian pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup prepared, reduced-fat Oriental salad dressing
- 3 -- green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted. Set aside and reserve.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain well and cool slightly. Place in a large bowl along with coleslaw mix, oranges, pears and walnuts. Toss well with salad dressing.
- To serve, plate salad mixture. Sprinkle with onions, dividing equally.
Recipe courtesy of Diana Torrey of Torrey Food Communications for the California Walnut Board