Fruit Salad with Honey Dressing in a New Light
- Yield 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 Haas avocade, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans, preferably toasted
- 6 large red- or green-leaf lettuce leaves
- For the dressing, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, honey, poppy seeds, mustard and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the orange, apple, banana, avocado, raisins and walnuts; toss gently to coat well.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each of 6 plates. Top each with one-sixth of the fruit mixture. Serve at once.
Recipe by Paula Deen