Fruit Pasta Delight
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
"My niece gave me this recipe, which I lightened after preparing it a few times."
- 1cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits and juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin orange sections
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 (8-ounce) tub light whipped topping
- Boil pasta until tender. Rinse in cool water and set aside. Beat together Splenda, flour, salt, eggs and pineapple juice in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until thick and just beginning to boil. Remove from stove and allow to cool. Pour mixture over pasta. Gently stir in pineapple tidbits, oranges and cherries. Chill overnight. Stir in whipped topping just before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Sprinkle chopped toasted nuts on top.
Recipe by Barbara Burdick, Powell Butte, Ore.