- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A crumbly topping fro fresh baked fruit.
- 4 cups blueberries, peeled peaches, apples or your favorite
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup natural wheat and barley cereal
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread fruit in deep-dish 9-inch pie plate. Add sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice and lemon rind to the fruit, tossing gently to coat. In another bowl, mix together flour, cereal, oatmeal, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir in the melted margarine until crumbly. Spinkle mixture over fruit. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons unprocessed bran for extra fiber.