- Yield 12 servings
A frozen delight!
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 cup marsala or brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon premium vanilla ice cream
- 8 -- toffee candy bars, crushed
- 2 -- packages ladyfingers
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Combine the espresso, marsala and vanilla in a small bowl; set aside. Place the ice cream in a large bowl to soften. Stir the toffee crumbs into the ice cream. Add 1/4 cup of the espresso mixture. Line the side and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers, breaking the ladyfingers to fit if necessary. Spoon the ice cream into the lined pan. Stir 2 tablespoons of the espresso mixture into the whipped topping. Spread over the ice cream. Beat the whipping cream and sugar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Pipe the sweetened whipped cream onto the top in a decorative fashion. Dust with the cocoa. Wrap the springform pan tightly and freeze for 8 hours or up to 2 weeks. Remove the tiramisu 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Jacksonville’s Toast of the Coast (The Junior League of Jacksonville, Inc., 2005).