Frozen Peanut Butter Pie with Hot Fudge Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- Chocolate Crust:
- 3/4cup crushed chocolate waters
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups chilled whipping cream
- Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2cup whipping cream
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- -- Miniature peanut butter cups
For the crust:
- Combine the wafer crumbs and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the butter.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the filling:
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Beat the whipping cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream 1/4 at a time into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared pie plate, mounding in the center. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
For the sauce:
- Combine the sugar and whipping cream in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 6 minutes; do not stir. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and chocolate and stir until blended. Stir in the vanilla. Spread over the top of the pie. Garnish with miniature peanut butter cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Bristol, TN/VA, Start Your Ovens, Cooking the Way it Ought'a Be from the Junior Leage of Bristol (The Junior Leage of Bristol, TN/VA 2001)