Frozen Grape and Banana Skewers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 firm ripe bananas
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2cup red California grapes (about 16)
- 1/2cup green California grapes (about 16)
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 1/2ounces dark chocolate (60-70 percent cocoa solids), finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Cut the banana into ½-inch thick rounds. Place in a small bowl and toss gently with the orange juice.
- Skewer the fruit, alternating two grapes for each piece of banana and place the fruit skewers onto the lined tray.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well, and microwave another 10 seconds if necessary to melt the chocolate. Using a spoon drizzle the melted chocolate onto the fruit skewers.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, skewers may be transferred to a sealable plastic bag where they will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe by Ellie Krieger, courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 140
- Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2g