Frozen Grape and Banana Skewers
- Yield 4 servings
A chocolate drizzle tops of these frozen snack skewers of grapes and bananas.
- 2 -- firm ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup red California grapes (about 16)
- 1/2 cup green California grapes (about 16)
- 8 -- (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (60-70 percent cocoa solids), finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Cut the banana into ½-inch thick rounds. Place in a small bowl and toss gently with the orange juice.
- Skewer the fruit, alternating two grapes for each piece of banana and place the fruit skewers onto the lined tray.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well, and microwave another 10 seconds if necessary to melt the chocolate. Using a spoon drizzle the melted chocolate onto the fruit skewers.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, skewers may be transferred to a sealable plastic bag where they will keep in the freezer for up to a week. Allow to soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe developed by Ellie Krieger.