Frozen Almond Yogurt Pie
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Make this delicious, simply prepared pie ahead so it freezes up.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 quart frozen nonfat vanilla yogurt, softened slightly
- 1 (10-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, margarine and water in a small mixing bowl and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake about 8 minutes, until just lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Stir almond extract into slightly softened yogurt and quickly spread over cooled graham cracker crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Before serving, spread pie with preserves and top with almonds. Freeze just before serving.