Frittata with Ham and Vegetables
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
It's a Sunday brunch-friendly ham-and-cheese breakfast you'll soon make your kitchen standard.
If desired, brown top under a hot broiler last minute of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces diced ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces diced pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup herb-flavored croutons
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions, red pepper and zucchini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add thyme and ham and cook 1 minute.
- Beat together eggs, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper until well blended. Stir in cheese, then pour mixture over vegetables and ham in pan. Sprinkle croutons evenly over surface.
- Cook 5 minutes, covered, over very low heat. Scrape around sides and bottom, and place in oven, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted with permission from Morning Food: Breakfasts, Brunches, & More for Savoring the Best Part of the Day by Margaret Fox and John Bear. (Ten Speed Press, 2006) http://www.tenspeed.com