Frittata with Chorizo
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
We used cured Spanish chorizo sausage in this hearty frittata, but any cured sausage will work. Any cheese, too.
- 3teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6ounces fully cooked chorizo sausages, halved lengthwise, and sliced in ¼-inch half moons
- 2medium red bell peppers, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 eggs
- 4ounces Manchego cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream and salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Sauté until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove chorizo.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Heat over medium heat. Add sliced pepper, onion, garlic and ¼ teaspoon salt; sauté 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in about two-thirds of the shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, stirring once to distribute peppers and onions. Reduce heat to low. Arrange chorizo over top of eggs; cook, undisturbed, 5 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Transfer to oven and bake 20 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is puffed and golden.
- Let frittata rest 5 minutes and serve with sour cream and salsa, if using.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 383
- Fat 29g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 676mg
- Sodium 972mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 25g