- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8ounces fully-cooked smoked sausage, such as kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch thick coins
- 1 (14-ounce) can small artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Provolone cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 2tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup (1-ounce) Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Preheat broiler. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat butter. Add sundried tomatoes, peppers and onions; cook 3 minutes until onion is tender. Remove from heat, stir in sausage, artichokes and Provolone.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with basil, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over pepper and onion mixture. Gently toss together. Return skillet to stove over medium-low heat; cook until frittata edges are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Place frittata under preheated broiler, 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove from broiler, sprinkle with Parmesan, and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board