Frightfully Easy Halloween Treats
- Yield 16 pieces
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A spooky Frankenstein's monster of a sweet made up in spare parts from cookie, candy and other bits.
These colorful treats are perfect for Halloween parties.
- 2 sleeves Ritz-style crackers
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12-ounce bag) white chocolate chips
- 1 (12-ounce bag) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- Decorative icings, orange and yellow, optional
- Green gumdrops, cut in half, optional
- Spread peanut butter on 32 crackers and cover with another cracker, sandwich style.
- Melt chocolate chips separately in a double boiler with one tablespoon shortening per bag. (This also can be accomplished in a microwave oven on very low heat, stirring at one-minute intervals.)
- Dip the peanut butter crackers in the chocolate to coat evenly. Set aside on waxed paper.
- When chocolate is firm, decorate with icings and gumdrops.