Fresh Wild Alaskan Halibut with Shoestring Vegetables and Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and diced
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 -- (6-ounce) pieces fresh Alaskan halibut filets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for searing
- Shoestring Vegetables:
- 3 -- celery stalks
- 3 -- carrots
- 3 -- leeks
In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, shallots, capers, basil and parsley season to taste. Reserve at room temperature for tossing greens and dressing salmon.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add halibut to pan and sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Julienne the vegetables. Blanch and serve room temperature as a bed for the halibut.
To serve: Place halibut on top of vegetables and drizzle dressing over the top of the halibut. Dust with fine salt and black pepper before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Trellis, Kirkland, Wash., and Chef Brian Scheehser