Fresh Veggie Wraps
- Yield 6 servings
- Flour tortillas
- Roasted Tomato & Garlic Cream Cheese Spread (click link below for recipe)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- roasted cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- wax paper
- Lay the tortilla out on a sheet of wax paper. Spread a nice think layer of the roasted tomato and garlic cream cheese spread over the entire tortilla. The cream cheese acts like a barrier between the veggies and tortilla so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Begin layering the veggies on one end of the tortilla just piling everything on top of each other.
- Once all your veggies are layered on the tortilla slowly wrap the tortilla as tightly as you can without tearing it.
- Put them in a food storage container or plastic bag.
- I stash these in a mini cooler along with an apple and some nuts or yogurt to go with it. Then you have a great meal right at your finger tips that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
Recipe courtesy of Brandi, a food enthusiast who focuses on clean healthy organic vegan meals, combines her backgrounds in photography and nutrition by sharing the beautiful and tasty foods she cooks and photographs on her blog Simply Love Food.