Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Yield: 12 servings
"Being a Master Gardener in Albuquerque, N.M., I grow tomatoes in a pot, and I have enough fully grown tomatoes to make a fresh tomato salsa."
- 3medium tomatoes
- 1medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6medium green onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1medium jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. Squeeze to remove excess liquid and seeds; chop.
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl. Toss gently to blend, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with warmed tortillas or tortilla chips.
— Anna Victoria Reich, Stafford, Va.