Fresh Tomato Salad with Sweet Onion and Basil
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Simplicity of ingredients and preparation is what brings out the best of the season's fresh tomatoes.
Serve with Crispy Herbed Chicken with Prosciutto.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 -- sweet onion (such as Vidalia, 1015 Texas Sweets, Maui or Walla Walla), slivered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 -- fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine and gently toss all ingredients.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.