Fresh Strawberry Pie with Strawberry Gelatin
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4cups flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/2cup butter
- 1large egg yolk
- 1cup sugar
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 3tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1cup water
- 1package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1quart strawberries, washed and hulled
- Whipped topping
- Crust: Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix ingredients and shape into a ball. Roll out or press into a 9-inch ungreased pie pan Prick crust with a fork and bake in a about 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, syrup and water in a saucepan and cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add gelatin and blend. Let cool. Place berries into cooled pie crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set (4 hours). Top with whipped topping.