Fresh Strawberry Glace Pie
- Yield 8 servings
There’s no better way to showcase nature's bounty than in a Strawberry Pie.
If you don't have your own strawberry patch, check out a U-pick patch or a farmer's market for the most flavorful berries.
- 1 (9-inch) baked piecrust
- 5 cups whole strawberries, washed and hulled (reserve 1 cup for glaze)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup nonfat whipped topping
- Line pie crust with select strawberries placed large end down. Crush remaining I cup strawberries with a fork or in a food processor or blender. Combine strawberries and sugar in a 2-quart saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer 1 minute.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; gradually add to hot strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice; cool slightly.
- Spoon glaze over each berry; pour remaining glaze over pie. Gently shake pan to evenly distribute the glaze. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top each serving with whipped topping. Serve at once.