Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 25 mins
This classic biscuit-topped fruit cobbler makes the most of the season's best berries.
This recipe is easily adaptable for a strawberry-peach-rhubarb filling—just substitute a cup of rhubarb, cleaned and chopped, for 3/4 cup of the strawberries and bump up the sugar in the filling to about 1/2 cup or to taste.
- 4 cups medium strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 cup freshly sliced peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Biscuit topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the filling, combine strawberries and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Spoon strawberry mixture into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare the biscuit topping, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter, working with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in buttermilk. Drop dough by tablespoons over strawberry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until strawberry mixture is bubbly and biscuits are browned.