Fresh Mushroom Three-Bean Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Three-bean salad makes a great picnic side dish, and you're goint to love this simple and tasty recipe.
- 10 ounces (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut in strips
- 1 15-ounce) can white beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans (cannellini), 50% less sodium, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded, divided
- 3 cups Italian salad dressing, no salt added, homemade or prepared
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, peppers, the three kinds of beans, celery and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Add dressing and parsley; toss to coat well. Stir in parsley. Serve topped with remaining cheese. Variations: To make this a main dish, add cooked chicken, sliced pepperoni, kielbasa or ham.