Fresh Lemon, Tuna and White Bean Salad
- Yield 4 servings
This light and zesty salad can be served as your main course.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can solid white albacore tuna, drained
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the cucumber, onion, capers and parsley. Fold in the beans and tuna. Serve immediately or chill. Serve with crackers, over salad greens or inside hallowed out tomatoes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Evansville’s Once Upon a Time (The Junior League of Evansville, Indiana, 2003).