Fresh Lemon, Tuna and White Bean Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4cup minced red onion
- 2tablespoons capers
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-- (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-- (12-ounce) can solid white albacore tuna, drained
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the cucumber, onion, capers and parsley. Fold in the beans and tuna. Serve immediately or chill. Serve with crackers, over salad greens or inside hallowed out tomatoes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Evansville’s Once Upon a Time (The Junior League of Evansville, Indiana, 2003).