Fresh Garden Pesto
- Yield 16 servings
Pull out your best-quality extra-virgin olive oil and Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese to make this versatile pesto. Makes 2 cups.
- 4 cups whole basil leaves
- 1/4 cup whole oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or scallions
- 2 tablespoons whole mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons good quality Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender for a few moments until smooth, creamy and bright green.