Fresh Fruit Pies
- Yield 16 servings
Strawberries and peaches are the stars in these easy pies.
"This recipe has always served me well-at holiday dinners, family dinners and church functions. Best of all, it's easy to prepare and delicious."
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 graham cracker piecrusts
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches
- Combine cream, cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until smooth with a mixer at medium-high speed. Spread half in the bottom of each piecrust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until set.
- Remove pies from refrigerator and arrange fruit on top of each. Cover with plastic wrap and return to refrigerator overnight.
Recipe by Carole VanCleave, Concord, N.C.