Fresh Dill Feta Quick Bread
- Yield 32 servings
This fragrant dough comes together easily. Stone ground whole-wheat flour, mixed in equal parts with unbleached white, gives the crumb a nice texture.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil 2 (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan. (You can use 4 mini loaf pans if you prefer)
- Place first 4 ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk, to blend.
- Add eggs, milk, olive oil, feta and fresh dill. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until done. Let cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 large loaf; serves 16.