Fresh Corn Salad with Yellow and Red Bell Pepper
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4cup water
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup lime juice
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- Remove the corn kernels with a sharp knife into a saucepan.
- Stir in the water. Steam, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes; remove the cover. Cook for 2 minutes longer or until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Combine the corn, bell peppers, green onions and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill, covered, for 2 hours or longer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Austin, Austin Entertains (The Junior Legue of Austin 2001)