Fresh Corn Chili
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 to 1pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 to 1cup chopped green bell pepper, and red bell pepper, optional
- 3 ears of fresh corn
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 2cups salsa
- 1cup shredded cheese
- 1/4cup sliced green onions
- Brown the ground beef and bell pepper in a large saucepan, stirring until the ground beef is crumbly; drain. Cut the corn kernels into a bowl using a sharp knife. Add the corn, kidney beans, tomatoes and salsa to the ground beef mixture and mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Top with the cheese and green onions.
- Note: you may substitute 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn for the fresh corn if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Yakima’s Fresh from the Valley (Junior League of Yakima, Wash., 2003)