Fresh Corn and Crab Soup
- Yield: 10 servings
- 2cups fresh corn cut from cob (about 6 ears)
- 3 3/4cups shrimp stock or chicken broth
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1cup chopped green onions
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/4cups whole milk, divided
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons sea salt
- 1pound fresh lump crabmeat or shrimp
- Combine corn and shrimp stock or broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Add onion mixture, 3 cups milk, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Combine flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth. Add to corn mixture, and cook, stirring often, over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in crabmeat.