Fresh Citrus Granita
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Here's a great refreshing, high in vitamin C, fat-free treat for the kids and dessert for the adults.
Electric juicers make quick work of juicing a lot of oranges and they're really safe for kids, under supervision. If you're in a rush, put the sugar directly in the juice, but making a simple syrup insures the sugar is dissolved and not grainy. Try all kinds of juice in this granita.
- 6 cups fresh orange, tangerine juice or grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To make the simple syrup, dissolve sugar in water over heat. Cool.
- Combine juice, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Stir in some orange zest, if desired.
- Pour into a shallow pan. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Scrape with a fork. Enjoy.
Want more help? Watch Relish Editor Jill Melton and the kids make this granita.