Fresh Blueberry Tart
- Yield 12 servings
Make sure to use fresh blueberries for this refreshing tart.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with the vinegar.
- Knead with floured hands until the mixture clings together. Pat over the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Toss 3 1/2 to 4 cups blueberries, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl gently. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, tossing to coat. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Place the springform pan on the lowest oven rack
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 cups blueberries.
- Let stand until cool. Store, covered in the refrigerator until serving time.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Buffalo, Great Lake Effects, Buffalo Beyond Winter and Wings (The Junior League of Buffalo, Inc., 1997).