Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Yield: 16 servings
'"I wanted the taste of caramel apples so I added a glaze to a recipe I had used before. It was a brilliant idea and I would never serve it 'plain' again."
- 1/4cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 4 apples, chopped small
- 3 eggs
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2cups sugar
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/2cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a Bundt or tube pan and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Mix apples, eggs and oil with an electric mixer. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cake to rest in pan for at least 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate.
- To prepare glaze, combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Spoon over cake. Allow to cool before serving.
– Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Mich.