Fresh Apple Bread
- Yield 16 servings
"I won second place at our county fair with this recipe for fresh apple bread."
- 4 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 2 standard-sized loaf pans.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Stir in flour just until it is evenly mixed.
- Add apples and walnuts. Stir together until well blended.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set.
Kelly Ingram, Placerville, Calif.